Child care centre consultants in Australia
As an owner or investor in a child care centre you want to rely on experienced child care centre management consultants to look after the day-to-day running of the centre.
Child care centre problems to avoid:
- Staffing levels too high
- Low occupancy
- Low profitability
- Payroll preparation causes stress
- Unhappy parents
- Low morale with staff
- Problems managing PAYG and staff superannuation requirements
- Financial affairs incomplete and unmanageable
- Trouble maintaining licensing and accreditation standards
The National Quality Framework for Child Care
The National Quality Framework (NQF) is the result of an agreement between all Australian governments to work together to provide better educational and developmental outcomes for children using education and care services.
The NQF introduces a new quality standard to improve education and care across long day care, family day care, preschool/kindergarten, and outside school hours care.
The National Quality Standard (NQS) is linked to national learning frameworks that recognise children learn from birth. It outlines practices that support and promote children’s learning.
The seven quality areas covered by the National Quality Standard are:
- Educational program and practice
- Children’s health and safety
- Physical environment
- Staffing arrangements
- Relationships with children
- Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- Leadership and service management
What do child care centre consultants do?
The right child care care management consultancy can help you maximise the profitability of your service and reduce the headaches for both you (the owner) and the Director of your centre by providing:
- Review of policies and procedures
- Operational assessments
- Advise on centre set-ups including systems, policies, fee structure
- Accreditation and licensing support
- Guidance on recruitment
- Implementing a training and development program
- Marketing and advertising
- Centre audits
- Acting as liaison between owners and centre staff
- OH&S review and improvement
- Programming support
- and more
If you are buying a child care centre consultants can also assist with due diligence investigations.
Bookkeeping and accounting for child care centres
No matter which child care centre management consultancy you use there is still the requirement to establish sound bookkeeping and accounting practices. Child care centres are a bit different to ‘standard’ commercial businesses and have a number of special requirements that must be considered.
That’s why using a child care specialist bookkeeper or accountant is a good idea. They will be able to work seamlessly with your child care management consultant and access your child care management software to monitor financial transactions and ensure you have timely and quality management reports.
Enquire about bookkeeping for child care centres
For more information call us on 1300 400 105 or contact us online.